- Does it work with Oculus? Yes, you will need FlyInside software with the Oculus and Microsoft FS X. If you add the Leap Motion system then you can reach out and turn switches, make adjustments etc. but you still need to move the Dreamflyer joystick to get motion.
- What computer do I need? See the Oculus website and they have the specifications required.
- How well does it work? Amazing for small planes!
- How about larger commercial planes? For larger planes there is a lag between moving the control, which causes the Dreamflyer to move, and the slow change in direction of large planes.
- Do you recommend the Oculus system? Absolutely, the Oculus/FlyInside/Leap Motion combination is the way to go now instead of monitors.
Before Purchase Questions:
1. Cost of three monitor assembly? Cost for 3 monitor Dreamflyer including rudder pedals is $2299 US. (charged to your CC as $ 2999 $Cdn.)
2. PC requirements? Customer supplies computer and monitors. Cost for single monitor computer system is usually about $1000. Any computer that can run your flight simulator software; almost any desktop can do this now. The computer needs a video card that can drive three monitors if using 3 monitors.
3. What are the largest monitors that can be used? 23 inch monitors are about the largest that can be used.
4. Flying Software? Customer supplied; usually Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Cost about $100.
5. Maximum weight of person? About 250 lbs.
Before Purchase Questions:
- Cost of three monitor assembly? Cost for 3 monitor Dreamflyer is $2249 US. (charged to your CC as $ 2999 $Cdn.) .
- PC requirements? Customer supplies computer and monitors. Cost for single monitor computer system is usually about $1000. Any computer that can run your flight simulator software; almost any desktop can do this now. The computer needs a video card that can drive three monitors if using 3 monitors.
- What are the largest monitors that can be used? 23 inch monitors are about the largest that can be used.
- Flying Software? Customer supplied; usually Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Cost about $100.
- Maximum weight of pilot? About 250 lbs.
- Floor Area Required? Base is 2.5 ft. by 5.5 ft. Swings out 6 inches on each side when in use. Enter and exit from right side only.
- What is the size of shipping boxes? A Dreamflyer weighs roughly 150lbs. The Dreamflyer is shipped in two boxes and the dimensions of the two boxes are 69” X 32” X6” and 38” X 23” X 21” 94lbs.(.330 CBM and .25 CBM)
- What is the HS Code? 8805.29
- Why are you requesting my social security number (SSN), tax identification number (EIN), importer or IRS number?
We are a Canadian company and ship your Dreamflyer across the US/Canadian border. See this link from US Customs and Border Protection:
Why Balancing Weights?
- The balancing weights are to counter balance the weight of the monitors. The seat can be adjusted forwards and backwards to accommodate shorter and taller pilots. Unfortunately a tall pilot is likely to be heavier and needs the seat positioned further back and less counterweight and a short pilot will need the seat moved forward and need more counterweight.
- Balancing weights. Available at Wal-Mart or similar store. Cost about $30 for 2 ten pound and 2 five pound plates.
Now that I’ve Received the Packing Boxes:
- How much time to assemble? About 8 person hours and you will have a Dreamflyer ready to go including the flight simulation software installation and computer setup.
- What is the height assembled? Height (top of the back of the chair) is 51 inches.
- When displaying in Flight Museums etc? Do not leave the Dreamflyer unattended. Some people will pry the buttons off the controls, monitor and computer.
Basic Trouble Shooting
- Dreamflyer looks crooked? Check that all the tubes are inserted fully.
- Joystick not responding? Check cable connections.
- Controls erratic? Try a different USB port and make sure no other devices are connected to that USB port.
- Joystick/controls not responding? Move view down so that you see the controls in the monitor and see if they move on the monitor as you move them in real life.
- Plane moves erratically? Make sure that you are not accidently pushing on the toe brakes. See toe brake setup in Blog section.
- All joystick control lights flashing? Cables not making good connection.
1. Turn off your computer. Put the joystick in a neutral position (you need to hold the Dreamflyer flat and level) and turn on your computer again.
2. Try the software calibration screen and make sure that moving the joystick is moving the “crosshairs” properly
3. Are all the indicator lights and controls working on the joystick?
4. You can do a visual check to make sure that the control under the seat is moving properly with the seat. It usually is.
5. Try a different USB port and make sure no other devices are connected to that USB port.
6. Use the cockpit view to make sure all the controls are moving on the monitor as you move the controls and press the buttons.
7. Be very careful not to accidently push on the toe brakes when flying or taxiing.
- Periodic maintenance requirement? No periodic maintenance required. Check to make sure that the bolt holding the joystick to the frame has not become loose. Rubber bands under the seat can be replaced with standard #64 rubber bands from Staples or other office supply store. The bands can also be replaced with 4 1/8 inch by 7/16 inch Hillman #851625 metal springs available from hardware stores.
- Rubber bands under the seat can be replaced with standard #64 rubber bands from Staples or other office supply store. The bands can also be replaced with 3 1/8 inch by 7/16 inch Hillman #851625 metal springs available from hardware stores.
- Compatibility with FSX game and any special requirements for setting-up with FSX? Compatible with all flight simulation programs that have Saitek X-52 drivers.
Where can I see one?
Abdulmalik A. A. Al-Mobaiedh Managing Director Kuwait Flight Simulation Center Tel: +96522913700 – +96522913701 Fax: +96522913702 Mob: +96599822707
Beijing skyline voyage Aviation Technology Co.,Ltd
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Address:Room 1106,chinese Aviation Museum ,Xiaotangshan Tom,Changping District, Beijing
Flight 4 Fantasy | adding wings to your DREAMS
The Forum Mall, # 405, 4th Floor, # 21, Hosur Road, Koramangala, Bangalore – 560 095, India
Phone +91 80 2206 7977 | Mobile +91 98801 75788 | www.flight4fantasy.com